Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smg04

layout blinds?

15 posts in this topic

i'm looking to pick up a new layout blind for next fall, i'm loking at the cabelas intercepter elite blind in the max4 pattern, does anybody own or have used these at all? what did u think of it, the price is right at $199, just looking for some opinions b4 i order, thanks

I'd take a look at the GHG groundforce blinds. I think you can get it cheaper, and IMO, they are nicer. They also fold up pretty compact for easy transport and carrying.

Do a search here, as there was a great post about this last fall, lots of good info from lots of fo0lks with different kinds.

What I would suggest is to DEFINITELY get in the model you are buying before you purchase. I went in thinking I wanted one particular model based on recommendations and "specs" etc. When I got into it, it definitely was not going to work for me. If you are a small person, then it will be easier, as many of them are pretty darned tight. I am not small, and ended up with a "Gander" brand one, and it is built with more thought than I expected. Everything about it is nice, though it is slightly taller than some other brands/models. But I don't feel clostrophobic in it like some of the "skinny" ones wink.gif It also folds up much better than most of the ones - try that as well, to see how easy they are to put out and take down. And how easy they are to carry. Backstraps are a good thing if you will be walking any distance.

I think I paid $179 on sale, regularly about $230 or so. Good luck.

I'll second the Gander blinds, we paid $180 for them, I think they are very similar to Avery's blinds but I'm not sure, I know they are cheaper and very well made.

A word of advice, no matter what blind you go with, be sure to "mud" it up well, not just a little dirt when your in the feild either. Make some soupy mud at smear it on there, then once it dries it will blend in quite well especially if you add some natural foliage.

Flagging ports are an important feature, as well internal pockets and comfort. Also try sitting up in the blinds in a more upright, there is no geese around position, I spend lots of time like this.

My 2 Cents: Get a blind that has a zipper at the feet. I used to have one without and it was a pain to get dirt, shells, foilage, etc out. With the zipper it's a breeze.

I'd have to agree with pourtpro.. GHG groundforce are pretty nice blinds, but if your a bigger guy you better lay in one before you buy it. or you'll prolly end up taking it back....

tb

I think the Cabela's blinds are junk for that price.

I'd rate the Final Approach #1 and Avery stuff in #2, but I own one of each due to sales I've encountered recently.

I've seen both FA and Avery for 200 or less at times too.

get an avery,, if money is a problem look into the,,All About Game NEW 2006 D.O.A. LAYOUT GOOSE HUNTING BLIND $119.99

SALE $79.99

Model AAGH970

or the same store in MO has finishers for $179 and ground forces for $139

Here are some other threads on this topic from not long ago.. Click on these links.

You'll see I have an Otter X-Terminator, and I used it hard in driving rain for 4 days in Nodak over the past weekend. Completely dry (I found it waterproof in the conditions) and comfortable.

Blinds

Blinds 2

Otter's another possibility IMO, too.

The Roger's Sporting Goods in MO website is a great place to find deals on blinds. I bought my last one from there.

The best way to find out what you like and don't like is to go to a large store and actually lay in one and sit up and yell POW, POW a couple times...

thanks for all the replies, i'll have to check into a few more models b4 i buy

lund duck boat, what store in MO are u talking about, my buddys all have finisher and love them and for that price id prob go that route

read two posts up...

Otter X-terminator for sure. great price, very well built and light weight. easy set up and tear down.