• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Archery Dude's and 1 Gun Dude-Team 7

harvey lee

This morning I took a quick drive and saw 15 different gobblers strutting around near my second choice spot. At the area I plan on hunting there was just one I could see in the field but the visability wasn't that well from my truck. Boy did that get me excited though.

Good luck on Monday East Rush.

I was out again this morning and saw about 20 different toms between a couple spots. Just hope I can come through on my end with one of them now.

its not lookin too good for me fellas. 6 toms on one of my spots got hammered before i even got to hunt them mad.gif. Lets just say im not too happy with the landowner permits as of this second crazy.gif! O well, im going to grind it out these last 2 days and see if i can get me a bird!

Dont give up with two days left as it only takes one tom to walk by. Good luck. smile.gif

For some reason I really seem to attract the jakes. Today while out moving the blind I was carrying the shotgun with me (easier than the bow). Well a tom with a long, thick beard walked within about 33 yrds of me with 5 hens following. I didn't shoot because this is at the edge of my comfort zone plus I really want to harvest a bird with the bow. Maybe tomorrow morning.

I have been seeing toms every time out. I just haven't been able to get them to come in the last two mornings.

Good luck East Rush these last two days. Remember you can't harvest a bird if your not in the woods.

Team 7 Turkey Dudes good luck this coming season/weekend. I sure hope we have a good showing. My grandparents have been out scouting for me since I don't get the chance to head to Rochester often. They tell me a group of 10 turkeys have been using the field I plan to hunt. I don't know if that is good or bad, but its a start.

We'll talk to you when I get back from the hunt.

Well guys unfortunately I was unable to harvest a bird this year. I'm completely fine with not getting a bird, but do wish I could have come through for our team. It's actually the first time in my 5 years of hunting them I didn't bag a tom opening morning. But when I look at the new challenge with the bow I WOULD have had that opening day bird, and am glad that I did try archery. I will be doing this from now on as it adds greatly to the challenge in taking a mature tom. Good luck to those whose seasons are to come.

Tippman

Its not an easy game to harvest a bird with the bow. I congratulate you on your willingness to stick with the bow and not take the easier route. When you do harvest a bird with the bow it will be a great trophy and worth waiting for. smile.gif

well guys, were on the board, although i didnt get it with my bow...... I tried the first four and a half days with it, but the last night i just brought the boom stick and am regretting it dearly!!! Had 2 toms come into my setup right before legal shooting time was up on the last day of my season!!! i have no clue how to post pics, so if i could email them to somebody or something that would be great!

When is everyone else hunting? I'm up this next week.

next week. If I can only have a chance at the one I saw tonight, it should be fun cool.gif

Sorry to say I wasnt much help in this contest. My bow was in for repair and I did not get it back in time to re sight it in. I didnt want to do the gun thing so I missed my chance this year.

Hawkeye, did you harvest one ?

Sorry to hear Harvey Lee you didn't get a chance.

I know the next time I'm picked for the lottery I'll be trying harder to bag a bird. I enjoyed the whole experience this year, but getting picked once every two year I better get my bird and make the hunt count.

How did everyone else do?!