• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Archery Dude's and 1 Gun Dude-Team 7

harvey lee

I will be hunting season E and will be harvesting a pretty nice bird. I just dont know whether it will be with stick & string or the faster way with the 12.

When are the rest of our group going to harvest theres?

What team name would you all like?

I will be hunting 223B and have a very good chance at getting a bird also. Right now I'm planning on using the bow for my first time. If it's not working out I may switch to gun last couple days. I'm for Super Spurs or Gobbler Guru's. We need some input from our other three members.

Sorry to rain on your parade guys, but you may as well just send your money to Team 2. Its not worth agonizing over for the coming months. cool.gif

You should never jinx yourself with that turkey trash talking. I thought it would be Joel the KING turkey jumping in with that stuff. I would say we will just have to wait and see. I would also suggest we give those archery hunters double the points for such a great effort.

How about the BIG TOM TURKEY TAKERS

Lets just make sure this Joel guy doesnt try to register one of those 40# white farm turkeys. grin.gif

Easy......

I've eaten my trash talking before, doing some in the name of good fun, but the open mouth, insert foot gig isn't as fun when they're muddy turkey boots. smile.gif

I agree that the archery guys have it quite a bit harder. Tom, you get a gold star and an "A" for the day. smile.gif

Joel

I'm hoping they can come through with a bird a little better than helping us pick a name Tom!

I've been busy shoveling myself out of this mess over the last two days mad.gif

Harvey I'll be hunting the last weekend of April outside of Rochester near Byron. I have my grandpa doing some scouting for me and the chances are pretty good that I'll get one. They just to cooperate and walk into the decoy. Captain will take care of the rest cool.gif

I'm going to throw some off the wall names out there....Shootin' Strutters, Cacklin' Tom, Freddy Got Turkeys, Silent Jakes!

Sorry fellas, been busy with school. I will be hunting 225B. Its my third year turkey hunting, but this will be my first with a bow! Im on a couple different groups of birds, so if everything falls into place, it should be a good spring!!! I like silent jakes, but if we are all using bows it would be cool to have a name like spring stringers or something....any name will do, doesnt matter to me!

It would be neat to come up with a bow name since most of us are using them, it certainly adds a degree of difficulty into the equation.

How about The Real Turkey Takers? Much easier to do it with a gun. Or the Archery Animals? smile.gif Since turkey takers is already used we could use the other.

The Archery Animals cool.gif What you all say?

But then I'm left out with a gun in my hand smirk.gif How about HSO Archery Animals!

I found a really BIG tom yesterday on the road. Looks to be the tom that will beat all teams. Hopefully it will be larger than Joel's farm turkey.

I was out fishing eyes on the river today and on the way home I took a drive past my hunting spot and did like what I saw. ( turkeys were out in the area that I always hunt and no one else hunts this area. Just maybe it will be another banner year. I better not talk about it too much more or I will put the hex on myself. Cone on season E. smile.gif

I haven't been able to scout my area yet but I sure am excited too. I know there a lots of turkeys in the area.

Looks like East Rush and I will be the first of our group to see what we can do. That is unless Hawkeye speaks up and is hunting A season. I wonder when he is going to chime in anyway...

Hey Elwood,

I see you are hunting in 223 around Sand Dunes.... You best be careful. If you wander too far you might find yerself in one of my booby traps on my land. Never to be seen again...... Wooohahahha

you got me on that one. Guess I'll have to bring my booby trap finder and go around them. this is to much fun grin.gif

Quote:

Hey Elwood,

I see you are hunting in 223 around Sand Dunes.... You best be careful. If you wander too far you might find yerself in one of my booby traps on my land. Never to be seen again...... Wooohahahha

He has corn and beer scattered around his land hoping to catch anything. Easy trap - I heard the last guy who was caught was used as fertilizer for BLB's food plots

To all teammates, Lets go out and have a fun, safe hunt and see if we can harvest a few nice birds. Good luck to each hunter and we will see who is the turkey dude of team 7.

What are your scouting reports boys? Was out this a.m. and the action is sure heating up!! Birds are in there small groups and the toms are strutting there stuff with this warm weather we have finally been having!!!

I missed my alarm this morning for my scouting mad.gif. But later when I went out to put a trail camera at my second choice turkey spot there were about 15 turkeys with a few toms strutting in a field nearby. Gonna go practice some shooting of the bow out of the blind now.

My BIG Tom is just getting a little fatter. Feeding corn. I will beat Joel, as all I have to do is stick an arrow through it while its still tied up. Easy hunt.

I wont go to the spot until its 3-4 days before I hunt to keep the woods quiet. No one hunts the spot I do. Been good for years. smile.gif

You had someone looking down on you Ken. grin.gif They picked teams and I really dont know how.