• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Public Launches??

Where are the majority of the launches from international falls?? While lokking on DNR REC Comapss it seems there to the east of town?? It appears the river is wide there almost like theres a dam or something in town?? Never been there before and lookign for some info.What Road/s are best to take from confused.gif ely??

There is a dam in International Falls with a boat landing about two miles below that. Walleye fishing in spring is normally better further downstream. There are two dangerous rapids between I. Falls and the mouth of the river at Lake of the Woods.

There are several boat landings as you head west from the Falls. The most popular is Birchdale which is about halfway to Lake of the Woods. It is just a short distance below the last rapids so a very popular spot. Even on weekdays, parking your rig will be a challenge. It is a good idea to bring a bicycle along to ride back and forth between the ramp and where you will have to park. It is the best quality ramp of the ones I have used.

There is another landing just a little ways upstream from Birchdale, just above the rapids. Best know what you are doing if you try to go downstreeam from that landing!

There is another landing closer to the Falls near where the Little Fork River dumps in. I used that one last year when the water was low and it was tough getting my boat out of the water when we finished.

I have not tried any of the ramps that are closer to Lake of the Woods.