Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grab the net

Options - opinions

5 posts in this topic

I am in the market for a new locater/gps combo. Considering either the 520 series Lowrance or one of the carry over 334's out there. Obvious price difference, $650.00 -vs- $400.00 Will be console mount, on a RAM, so no problems with internal GPS antennae. Anybody else do any research on the two? Everybody I know that has switched to color loves it, but there are some good buys out there on the Monochrome units to. Not sure which way to go right now.

Go color, you'll kick yourself later if you don't.

There's a reason the monochrome units have been marked down so much.

I just picked up a carry over 334 and can't wait to get it on the water.

I'm not sure if there is a better value on the market right now than a 334 at the prices they are being sold for. If you can find a 332, that would be a good option as well.

Check out the post in the Stores Sales forum, about the Eagle 642c I got. Good price, and the unit is very, very nice. Good luck.

My father and I each bought the 334c. I have not used mine yet, but he was fishing red wing last weekend and liked his. I was fishing in a different boat and the guy had the same unit. He stated that he loved it. Reed's has very good prices on them now. I don't know anything about the 520's, but I'm sure next year at this time their price will be cut to. Good Luck