Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
76k20

north shore accomodations?

6 posts in this topic

Hi fellow fm'ers,

I am planning a family trip to the north shore for mid june. My wife knows some folks in silver bay that we will be visiting while we are there so I was thinking something between two harbors and grand marias would be ideal. I am also hoping to get a day on superior going after some lakers. I have a 17' alumacraft w/ a 50hp and i am thinking that might be a bit undersized for superior, so I guess I am looking for a good charter service, as well as good lodging reccomendations.

Plus If you can think of anything else in the area that is a must see or must do please reply.

Thanks,

Kyle Kreisler

Kyle, there are a lot of nice resorts along the North Shore and some decent campgrounds as well. Not a lot of them can be mentioned on here, but search for the Two Harbors Chamber to get more info. As far as your boat goes, they put a small craft harbor in on scenic 61, it is called McQuade. I plan on putting my boat in there and it is a 14ft. with a 25 horse. Of course it will have to be REALLY calm, but I think it should be ok. Good luck!

The only lodging I know of north of two harbors is Grand Superior Lodge. It is a top notch facility with the best food in the state. I'm not sure if that's the type of place you are looking for or just the standard motel. If you are interested in a charter you've come to the right place. Being in the business and knowing the quality of the trips offered leads me to recomend Bill's Great Lakes Charters, Hard Times, and Skipper's Kid (Charter operated by Tom, AKA Skipper's Kid on this website). If you're interested you might be able to get a better deal with your lodging in duluth if you have a charter booked with the charters I mentioned. Check out their websites and if you want more information or have any questions feel free to send me an e-mail and I'll help in finding you a great charter. I'm sure Skipper's Kid will chime in and be a good deal of help to you as well.

matt9er02zulu@hotmail.com

Kyle,

Try Sve's Resort, about 20 miles out of Two Harbors, It's about half way between Two Harbors and Silver Bay. They have nice cabins right on Lake Superior, reasonable prices also. They have a boat launch right there or there is a new one about 2 miles back towards Two Harbors. I launch my 16' lund with 40hp, you just have to pick your days, lake usually quiets down toward evening. If it's a nice night you can boat up to Splitrock Lighthouse, great view from the water.

There's a motel in Silver Bay on 61. It's an Americinn or days inn, one of those.

Is that the new giant hotel they just built like a year ago in the huge open area?