Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gnfishn

Lowrance x-70/ gps

3 posts in this topic

I think I've talked myself into needing a new GPS for my boat but can't decide if I need to spend the extra cash to upgrade my X-70 as well. I've used this unit with zero troubles for a lot of years but the new color units look pretty sweet! Cost is definitely an issue since I'll be getting one of the lakemap chips as well. Any thoughts guys?

I am looking at going with the 7-inch color/gps. I had the 332i last year and that boy had a tone of troubles. The new 560 series 5" is supposed to be good and has fixed all of the internal GPS questions -- but it is hard to tell.

The seven incher is nice but for $350 bucks more do I really need it ........?

Thanks Hitman. I've been looking at a carry-over Lowrance 3600c for a pretty good price. Do you know anything about it? I guess if there is reliabiity issues with some of the older models I'd rather just spend the extra coins. It is for a good cause!