Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishblind187

Fishable ice for April 6th-9th?

10 posts in this topic

Planning on coming up the 6th-9th. Is anyone still taking wheelers out or should I take the boat and hit up the river?

Thanks for any info.

I was in Buffalo bay yesterday afternoon. Still trucks driving all over. (not me). Ice seems to be in great shape yet.

Fishing was as lousy as the weather.

Do you think the shoreline ice will hold up till then? We plan on fishing for northerns. Anybody had any luck with those?

Was also up to the Lake this Saturday and did manage to get a limit out on 12 mile. However, fishing was about as tough as I've seen it all season. Did see a about a 15lb Nort pulled up a short distance from me, but short of that fishing was pretty tough for most people out there. Friends out on 16 didn't seem to do much better either. Ice seemed like it was getting a little soft as the auger really cut in when you drilled and had lots of chips to it.[sure signs of deterioration]. The going was good with wheelers but the shoreline was crappy regargless of where you got on. Then of course the rains came about 4pm and spoiled everyones day. Pulled the pin and called it another year. Even this latest round of snow and expected cold isn't enough to make me venture back out there.

Lots of wet heavy snow here today in addition to all the rain yesterday...

I would guess it's going to be a real mess out there now...

After getting soaked to the bone (with full guidewear on) yesterday... I think I've had enough fun on the ice for the year.

Any recent ice updates? Is the shorline freezing up again?

Thank you for any replies.

We just returned yesterday from sitting in the rain on the ice. The shoreline was in pretty good shape by Graceton Beach for 4 wheeler travel. I would reccomend calling up to morris pointand asking them since there were still wheelers going out of there too. I don't know how much snow they got if any more than the inch we had when we left. We managed to catch a few but we didn't have any wheelers or vexilars since we pulled the boat up hoping to fish the rainy. Good luck.

Good ice at Graceton beach. Was rutted up a bit at shore but has healed over last two days. Caught good eyes to 25" there on Monday afternoon in 27' ~2 miles out by the breaker.

Talked to some guys in shallower on the way in and they weren't doing so good. They also said that Morris point wouldn't let them go out from there. Definitely call.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it a lot.

fishblind; Called Long Point Resort at noon, the ice is froze over, no problems getting out with wheelers or snowmobiles, "fishing has been good last couple of days". May get up there tomorrow. Good luck.