Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tritonman

Just got back

9 posts in this topic

Three of us just got back. We went up on Thursday hoping that birchdale would open up since the reports were starting to sound like that. Boy was that a waste. There was still people icefishing by birchdale. We sat at the access at Franz Jevne for two days watching the ice and it barely changed. Small boats were pushing out across the 40yards of ice but no walleyes to report anyway. Bigger boats didn't stand a chance getting past the ice(thats why we sat in the parking lot for two days). With the forcast for the week I won't even think of going back until about April 11 or 12. Good luck to everyone else though.

Whew !!! Just got back from the river, the Bite is ON. grin.gif caught around a hundred fish I would have to say 5-6 fish over 28"s, got a little sunburn, and believe it or not, NO waiting at the Birchdale access and only two rigs at Clementson. Not bad at all for the first day of April cool.gif

Someone is lying, unless you were icefishing.

I'm not lying, it really is the first day of April !!! grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm sorry !! I had too, (APRIL FOOLS) I am bored and want to be fishing, It is just a week or so away, if at all. I know there are people out there feeling this pain. I thought I would throw out a couple stats from a couple years back (the whole 100 fish thing ) was the truth a couple years ago, that whole ramps not crowded would always be a lie !!! See ya on the water someday smile.gif

KR,

You should be focusing on getting back with Pam Anderson and her two friends, in fact when you make it to the river bring her with so we all have something to look at in between wally's wink.gif

Fished Friday and Saturday. We had to put in at Pelland on Friday. Had a few on early in the morning. Then got really slow. Talked to a few guys that drove to International Falls that actually caught some below the dam. So we went there on Saturday and caught a few Sauger's and hooked into but couldn't land a big sturgeon. I don't think that the fish are moving into the river yet. That and when we were fishing below the Little and Big Forks, the water was a little cloudy. I think that it still may be a little early over Easter weekend but i'm sure that I will be wrong. My gut feeling is that the best bite is going to be in the middle of the week between Easter and the last weekend. Sucks for me.

Wow this thread is quiet for this time of year. Sounds like many people are opting not to go this weekend either. Did the water cloud up??

Yes, and it rained and snowed.

Did I have fun though, yes...

Would I do it again, yes.

Will you get 100 walleyes tomorrow at Birchdale, I'd guess not. The guys on the lake all week were slaying them icefishing, but I'm not a fan of swimming to an icecube with my auger. They are in the river too, but conditions aren't perfect for great walleye days currently, but like always on the Rainy, that can change quickly.