Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Fishable Easter Weekend?

15 posts in this topic

I realize that there are alot of factors involved, but do you lucky quys who are up there right now think that there will be fishable ice over Easter weekend. Everything has basically went down here in Duluth. Hoping to get out once over Easter Break.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

The local CO said some are still driving vehicles out but from now on we'll be taking wheelers if anything. I'd guess the ice will be okay by next weekend yet.

HI T.L.,(A.K.A...B.L.),

I TELL YOU WHAT, IF IT KEEPS RAINING, YOU WON'T HAVE ICE THAT WILL BE SAFE. I'M GUESSING THE LANDINGS WILL BE SHOT, SO T.L., YOU MIGHT WANT TO PLAN ON FISHING IN YOUR BOAT. OF COURSE, THIS COMES FROM SOMEONE WHO FELL THRU ONCE AND WAS IN THE WATER 28 MINUTES & LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT., THAT WAS ENOUGH WARNING FROM MY MAKER.

SINCERELY, YOUR BUD,

THE FISHMEISTER

Fair enough...I will take it from the experts. F.M, you don't have to tell me twice. I certainly don't want to go through...It has absolutely been pouring down here in Duluth. Just for kicks I called the local resort that I normally go out of on Fish Lake just to see if it was still fishable. A ten foot gap opened up on the shoreline in the last 24 hours. We have had easily over four inches. RIDICULOUS!! I guess things have to end, but I have a hard time letting ice season go!

Hopefully I will see you guys next weekend! Play it safe and Good Luck Fishing!!

HEY T.L.,

WHEN YOU GET OUT OF SCHOOL., I THINK YOU BETTER GET A JOB IN I FALLS, SO YOU CAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WHERE YOU LOVE LIVING.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER

It rained off and on here the last few days but it hasn't totaled more than a half inch. Forecasted low temps for the next week are between 9 and 24 so that'll slow down the thawing. How about this - come back prepared to get out on the ice but follow somebody else out. And the backup plan could be in the boat on the river or the lake near the bridge.

Hey TL,

Drove full size suburban out last couple days. Lots of ice, but yes the access is getting bad. Will be atv travel for me here on out, but definately will still be ice fishing for awhile. My group Caught some big pike (14lb and 18lb) being the biggest. Definately big pike time.

F.M.-- I like the way you think! That might not be such a bad idea.

Uffda, I had thought about fishing the river too, but that was my backup plan...I don't like crowds.

If weather permits would you gentlemen be interested in going out and catchin' some 'eyes? I guess we'll play it by ear...

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!

Quote:

If weather permits would you gentlemen be interested in going out and catchin' some 'eyes? I guess we'll play it by ear...

Absolutely!

I'm planning to be in the Falls Friday-Sunday. I wouldn't mind tagging along, if you don't mind. I've got a wheeler or sled. The forecast looks like snow, next few days.

Anyone going out Saturday? What's the conditions?

Conditions permitting I will be in town friday afternoon and looking to hit up the evening bite. F.M and Uffda, I lost your numbers when I lost my phone...if you get this drop me an e-mail at bluebill7788@hotmail.com with them. I am hoping that we are still able to get out, I like fishing hardwater way too much! grin.gif

Hey TL,

Looks like it will be a go for you guys this weekend with the cool temps. Access is sketchy at best, but pretty nice sheet of ice out there for atv traffic. Fish are really going too! Good Luck to you guys! We'll have to hook up and chase some fish one of these days! The early season spot I was fishing is going again early and late. Fishmeister knows where I'm talking about. Good Fishing Guys!

Hey daze, Figures that they are in shallow again. I am going to head to my spot tonight and see what happens. Probably gonna focus on 22' of water or so. I am game tomorrow if you are able to make it.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!!

Hey TL,

This unfortunatley will be a tough weekend for me to break away as I'll be heading out to visit. We'll definately have to get out though. Good luck on your spot tonight! the slight moderation in temps should have them going good.