Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shallow Runner

Lake Levels?

4 posts in this topic

Any guess on what the water level will be for opener. It was pretty low last fall and I am not sure if the snow last winter or the rain this spring will be enough to get it up where it should be.

What snow and what rain?

Seriously, there has been almost no snow all winter and a very small amount of this rain has reached the Cass area. It's gonna take a lot more than what we've experienced to put a dent in that +20" deficit.

Good Luck!

Ken

I think it's still way too early to tell. But, my guess is it ain't gonna be pretty. Just pray we get an inch of rain everyday leading up to opener, and maybe, just maybe the lake will be a whole 2 inches higher....

I assume that lake levels this spring will be much better than this previous fall. I would say that Cass lake chain has received approximately a foot of snow pack this winter and we got it all in the end of February/early March. That alone wont make a huge impact to the lake level but it has been raining almost a week straight here and it is forecasted to rain until Thursday/Friday.

I have noticed that the Mississippi in-between Wolf and Bemidji has risen a considerable amount. Seeing that the river is up is telling me that the Cass lake chain is going to be up also. My guess is that it has only come up 6-8 inches in the river…..I don’t know what that means for Cass lake but it has to make it better than it was this past fall.