Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bhs91

Yamaha 70hp Tiller

bhs91    0
bhs91

I have a 2004 70 hp tiller on the back of Navigator 175; the problem I have is that the bracket (aka the steering friction mechanism) is a crappy piece plastic that eventually wears down and is no longer effective. This one lasted about a year and I bought a new one today, $15, no big deal. However as I asked the gentlemen at the HUGE marine repair shop, where they really are good people, about other options he said Yamaha dropped the ball here. He said that to his knowledge there is not a way to convert this friction mechanisn to the "co-pilot" unit which is much sturdier and i had on my 40hp yamaha a few years back. Thusly I searched other Yamaha motors at other dealerships and it looks like there should be some conversion possible. I installed my new "friction mechanism" and I know it will not last long. Any ideas out there as to whether Yamaha does have a conversion kit?

Thanks,

BHS91

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

My 2004 70hp tiller Yamaha is the same way. I had a 2002 50hp that had a great system; this one, yeah not so great.

I grease it every month with wheel bearing grease, and I have adjusted the linkage, etc multiple times.

I agree. It sucks.

----------------

Heeeeyyyy Laaaaddy!!!!

unitedjigsticker@I'veGotMailYaaaaay!.com

bhs91    0
bhs91

Have you checked to see if there is a way to convert it? Or are we SOL??? frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

I bought a 90hp Yahama tiller last year also the same problem ! I hope someone has a solution. Biggest pain for me is to lock the motor in a centered position when trailering . Always seem to tilt to one side and throws the transon saver off a little bit.

bhs91    0
bhs91

I have the same problem when trailering. I hope there is a good solution other than to replace the dang thing each year!!

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

Anyone ??

caseymcq    0
caseymcq

I have a 75 hp 4-stroke Yamaha and have the same problem. I use a transom saver that has a bungy strap across the back of the lower unint. This keeps the motor from swinging back and forth but it definitely isn't the best way to do it. That is about the only complaint I would have with my motor. It is definitely a crappy design confused.gif

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

bump

Bassboy1645    0
Bassboy1645

Not famillair with this sysetm......WHat exactly are you guys talkign about here?? It sounds like the peice where the motor locks onto the transom with the clamps?? Would a piece of wood work wedged in there or am I thinking of something different?? Srry I couldnt be more help...

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

Let's try again please

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

One last time please ,anyone??

bhs91    0
bhs91

I guess we are SOL, Big Walleye frown.gif I thought for sure there would be someone out there with a better idea and I am extremely disappointed that Yamaha went this route. When I find a better solution I will be sure to post it.

Good luck,

BHS

Meat-Run    0
Meat-Run

Quote:

One last time please ,anyone??

Big Walleye,

I would contact Yamaha Group directly and explain your situation. I'm sure some one or some where this has been address to the company like from there pro staff. Either way I think you as a loyal customer has responsibility to let them know your concerns about there "lack" of design on these newer models. Look them up you'll be surprised what they might do for you.

I hope this gives you some kind of HOPE!!!

Good luck.

mr

P.S. If you need help with contact info let me know? confused.gif

bhs91    0
bhs91

Meat-Run,

I would like some contact info if you don't mind. I am extremely motivated to find an alternative set up for this otherwise great motor.

Thanks,

BHS

Meat-Run    0
Meat-Run

Post your email address while I look up the info....

mr

Meat-Run    0
Meat-Run

bhs91, you have email.

hawgeye    0
hawgeye

same problem with my 50 horse tiller. Please post any solutions/answers that you come up with

bhs91    0
bhs91

Just got off the phone with Yamaha and they said there are no upgrades or additional parts available frown.gif This sucks for myself and others that have this. If anyone that is plagued with this problem comes up with a way to modify what we have, please post. Once summer roles around I will look to modify it somehow becuase I know it will wear down again and again mad.gif

Thanks,

BHS

Big Walleye 58    0
Big Walleye 58

Hey BHS 91 I guess we are still SOL eh ?? I had to try keeping the thread alive until we heard something from someone . Well I guess we did and it wasn't good news. Thanks for your help. Hopefully enough people let them know and they come up with something that is a replacement for the existing mechanism.

united jigsticker    0
united jigsticker

The retro style worked fantastic, like what I had on my 2002.

Everything is cost driven, and I assume that's what caused the demise in quality.