Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LwnmwnMan2

Fishing on Clear Lake 3/31

2 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd post. Guys in boats on Clear along 35 this afternoon (3/31).

Open water is here!!!! cool.gif

Must be some dedicated guys, pretty cold and windy yesterday for this cat and it is always windy on clear lake. Kudos to those guys, their tougher than I am.

I remember as a boy of 10-12 I would go out in that kind of weather. I would customize a garbadge sack with arm holes as rain gear and off I would go east across the lake in my little row boat. The west wind always made getting home a chore and the first thing I'd as my dad when I got home was "when can I use the motor?", he never let me... I became a weight lifter in HS and college....

LM

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Jim Uran
      What's your fish of choice to pursue? A weekday fish you could find after work are crappies, the basin bite on your local lake/lakes could make for a fun night bite. Panfish in general are fun to chase anytime, northerns are fun to target too but that's more of a weekend thing until we start gaining more daylight. Walleyes are punks to me and I've never been patient enough to target them unless I'm on LOW or Upper Red lol. 
    • monstermoose78
      Wow nice fish
    • MidCoast
      How do you even get on this lake to ice fish?  Seems to be surrounded by Private land. 
    • ZachD
      Well Friday was a little slow picked up some nice gills here and there no crappies. Sat morning picked up a couple 10 inch gills and a couple more for the bucket here and there. Sat night 930 the crappies came through I caught 17 biggest was 12. Sunday picked a few more gills up for the bucket before heading off to a different lake for walleye. again fish wanted nothing to do with minnows only caught one with them. All other fish caught on a tungsten orange and green glow tipped with only a wax worm.   we were in 12 fow the sunfish were 2 off the bottom crappie cruising 4 off bottom Side note tried walleye tonight missed 3 of them! Now I remember why I don't walleye fish much stupid things
    • Big-B
      I had the showdown as a hole hopping sonar but found I used my LX5 a lot more.  I went to the 7 and did not like it because it was bulky and hard to get used to both hopping holes and room inside one man Frabile.  Sold the 7 and bought another LX5 and do not see me going back to any other.  I have a wheel house and found is the only time I used the 7.  If you do a lot of fishing outside and like to move around.  I would stick with the 5, I now own two of them and don't see me using anything else.