• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing in the rain...

minnesotatuff

in my experience fishing today in the rain would be one of the most misserable to be out. all your gear gets completely drenched...then the cold sets in. its usually a good walk back to the vehicle too.

in my younger days i did all that stuff. best of luck and all good wishes for anyone doing it today.

finally, in my life i have clear direction of goal for my future, thats to be living at mille lacs. im a ways into the transition but the logistics are complex and slow.

my brother told me "anyone can retire whenever they want. its just a matter of adjusting your living style." that comes up in thought often.

i look forward to the time when i can wake up in the morning and look out the window to see what the lake looks like that day... to be there, to fish whenever i want, where ever i want, for what i want (within the law).

city life and the corporate world is taking its toll on me. life is too short!

regards,

minnesotatuff

LIFE IS TO SHORT, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN. I AGREE WITH YA, MONEY MEANS NOTHING TO ME, LET ALL THE BIG SHOTS DRIVE AROUND IN THERE BIG NEW TRUCKS, NEW OVER PRICED HOMES AND WORK UNTIL THERE 65 AND CANT MOVE!! I'M GOING TO ENJOY MY YOUNGER YEARS... SCREW $$$$$$$$$ HAVE FUN AT WOOOOOOORK!!! grin.gif

looks like u wont be able to get all the fishing equipment u want for a long time

Yeah, unfortunately I can't go fishing if I don't work. Seems like an unfair trade to me. I definitely can't buy all the equipment I want...and let's face it, even if we have everything we need, we always want more. Yep, being a workin' stiff sucks. Although I've done my fair share of fishing in crappy weather, as I look out the window right now I'm not too depressed that I'm not out fishing. Let's just hope that when I'm retired and can do all the fishing I want global warming hasn't turned all of our lakes into mud bowls.