Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fleeced

Pool 2 vertical Jigging?

5 posts in this topic

Getting ready to get back on the Mighty Miss this weekend. Has anyone had any success from the confluence to the dam? Any of the community spots been producing?

If I have any luck, I'll post on Monday.

Good Luck fishing guys!

hey fleeced

I got on pool 2 twice last week for the first time this year and did ok. I haven't made it up to the dam yet, we fished between the confluence and hidden falls. We tried the confluence the first day with no results although it was still a few hours before dark.

The first day we boated 12-15 walleyes between eight and seventeen inches and the second day we boated about 6, all fish were caught in slack water just off the main current in 8 to 14 fow.

good luck, i might make it down there tomorrow weather permitting.

I have always done better in the back waters early in the spring. More so after it gets dark them to be in there feeding better. During the day the lock area does well, but you need to fish very slow. Crawling the jig on the bottom or slip float systems have done well.

Thanks for the info guys. I took a bit of a hiatus with the cold weather, but was back on P2 today. Fished from Watergate to the dam with some limited success with some smaller males. A beautiful day to be on the river. Temps were just under 42 degrees and the water level is down from last week.

I hope my boss doesn't read this site. shocked.gif

i also hit p2 today and got a few nice big carp. not the might white belly, but they put up a good fight. will be back out there tomorrow

TIGHT LINES