• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am losing my mind!

This weather is making me crazy! I am coming up Sunday morning staying through Wednesday in I-Falls and this dang river is going to drive me nuts! I have had reservations for over a month hopeing I would have some good weather and good fishing....but I would be satisfied with just good fishing but is sounds like neither is going to happen. I wish Birchdale was open!

I hear ya Milkdud! We're supposed to leave tomorrow as well, but I think we'll wait. My fishing partner & I are both lucky in that we can leave on a very short notice. This year is a perfect example of why we don't make reservations at the resorts close to Birchdale. Love Clementson, and Royal Dutchman, but they're generally booked at least 1 week in advance, often more. Tough at the motels in town also. We started staying at various resorts on Wheeler's Point about 3 years ago. It adds about 1/2 hour to your travels, but most resorts have openings at the drop of a hat. Let's hope it opens up soon, and stays realtively mud-free! We'll probably head up next Wed.-Thurs., but it depends on Mother Nature. Good Luck, post a report when you return.

Just got back from Birchdale and feel good about what I saw.

Appears to be open to about 100 yds. below the big rock in the middle above the ramp. There was a boat going from side to side there checking for depth. I was trying to send him a telepathic message where to fish and he settled in where I told him. Glad that worked.

Open water down the US side to the ramp. Hope it widens a bit tonight. Good wet/soft spot down the middle that I hope breaks out tonight.