Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt C

Open Water

10 posts in this topic

I fished French Lake yesterday evening in the windy mist. Marked a few crappies on the graph in 8 to 12 feet of water. Never pulled one up. I pretty much confined myself to the south shore, past the point by the launch over to the rock piles in 4 to 15 feet. (my favorite ski spot in the summer)

The dock is not out yet, so if you have a larger boat, prepare to get your feet wet.

I will be fishing Mazaska on Sunday afternoon hoping this front will be through by then.

Fished Kelly/Dudley Lake today. No fish, but caught a 16ft boat. Some guys launched their boat, made it about 75 feet from the launch, and did not put the plug in. 2 swam to shore, (the water temp was 44)I pulled the other from his boat, he was standing on the bow, which was the only part left out of the water. It was about 8 feet deep at that point.

The sheriff came abored my boat and we pulled the sunk boat as close as we could to shore so a truck with a rope could pull it ashore from there.

Was the absolute strangest day on the water I have ever had.

I'll be curious to read the police incident report in the Farbo newspaper.

Maybe next time out,I'll have better luck. smile.gif

I fished Clear and found a limit of crappies in 10'. wink.gifLots of bait fish around. Didn't get any sunfish. On the water about 10 and off by noon before the mist. Better fishing around here than the last few trips to the river.

Wow burnt way to do your civic duty!! I'll bet the guys you pulled out of the water appreciate what you did for them today! Especially going back and dragging the boat in. That was definately above and beyond the call of duty. Not too many guys can say they caught a 16 footer! grin.gif

~piker

I could not imagine swimming in 44 degree water crazy.gif I'm glad they were only in shallower water & not the deep holes those lakes have. They were very lucky to have you there.

Hats off to you! Glad they were ok.

Yes, if they would have made it out to the 60 foot hole...it'd be a whole different story, and most likely not a happy ending.

Im pretty sure these guys will be taking a boat saftey course in the near future. They also did not have any PFD's onboard. One of my neighboors from across the lake took a few pictures. As soon as I get them, I will post.

Well done bunt2k. You should be awfully proud of your actions.

Bundt

Sounds like opener a few years ago on Bowstring with the tri-hull if you know what I mean. cool.gif

You the man

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.