• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Transportation to the dome?

Spinner1

Coming up from Iowa for the first two games. Staying at Prior Lake. Can I park and walk, or park and take a bus to the game? I'm perfectly capable of walking a ways if necessary.

Spinner, Find the info for the light rail and you can park around the mall of america and the light rail drops you off right by the dome. The only drawback is that it is pretty crowded after the game. I always had my best luck driving up and finding the cheap lots a few blocks away and just walking. Do that for both twins and vikes games. actually pretty nice and if you do it right you can avoid some of the traffic. grin.gif

Thanks Matt

If I take the rail, how long of a wait are we talking after a sold out game?

After a sold out game you might wait up to an hour to get on a train, especially if it's a close game and everyone stays until the end. If you park at the Mall of America lot it will take about 35 minutes to get to the dome. You can buy a 6 hour pass and ride all you want. For a 7pm game buy your pass around 6pm and go. Get to the park around 6:35pm. A 3.5 hour game (thats long) takes you to 10:30 and leaves you 1.5 hours on your pass. After the game take the first train going further downtown, it's only another 8 blocks or so to the end of the line. Stay on the train (after all you got the pass) and come back towards the dome. You should make it with time to spare. You will spend more commuting time taking the train than if you drive. If there are more than 2 people in your group it's cheaper to drive downtown and park in one of the lots about 2 to 3 blocks away from the dome. After a game traffic disperses in all directions at once so there is not a big jam up.

Appreciate the info guys. Wife is going to the mall instead of game two, so I think I'll take the train that day.

beer and brat at dome $10.00

twins ticket $15.00

victoria secrets swimsuit $80.00

minnesota twins baseball $PRICELESS

PRICES MAY VARY ENJOY THE GAME SPINNER

LOL Kaz

My wife at the mall for four hours. That's about as scary as Carlos Silva pitching to Pujols in the World Series.

lol i think the latter would be scarier than you seeing the credit card bill from bloomingdales