Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orlip

Which resort? Or Public access

10 posts in this topic

I would like to know how has the deepest access on the lake? I have a bigger boat and need about 3' to get out with no worries.

any resort that has charter launches will be fine. there are a number of them all around the lake.

regards,

minnesotatuff

The deepest public access on the lake is north Garrison bay (Myr Mar). There was still 4 feet of water there last fall.

Orlip,

I know that George Nitti at Hunters Point has just back holed his whole marina last month. Hunters Point will have a nice deep harbor.

Also Greg and Dean up at Fishers Resort will have a nice deep boat harbor too. Also Kevin and Karen at Macs will have a nice deep boat harbor.

Those three resorts would be my best choices!

Fish On!!!

Cranker,

Come on, you would'nt want giver a try at Appledorn's. I remember when Joe wold have to launch a cabin cruiser. He would have his feet up on hood of tractor. It would take three or four runs, but he would get it done. I don't think he liked it much. I only seen him do it once and then never again. Does appledorns val lea launch boat's for people still? If you guys still do, this could be a key aspect of Appledorn's with water level the way it is. You guys would be set for any level the lakes is at for lauching!

Thanks for the info guys. One other question, my father in-law would like to try for some muskie this year and I have heard that the north end is good for that. Is that true? Or can the south east side be good to?

Unfortunately,

We do not do that anymore at the resort. The insurance company doesn't like the tractor and boat launch scenario too much. With the lake as low as it is we would have to drive a good 200ft out to get a boat launched. Thats not the tough part though. The tough part is trying to get the boat on the trailer when the waves are hitting you.

The bottom line is your going to get wet!

Fish On!!!

Orlip,

Really, the whole lake is getting very good reports! I know that the north end does well and in front of our resort in Sunset Bay does well. Fish structure anywhere and you will increase your chances of landing a trophy.

Fish On!!!

Yes your are right. Someone gets hurt or damage occurs, it is lawsuit time. No one ever got hurt in the eight years I was there, or that I had heard of. It does only take one time and things go south. Thats to bad. Lets hope for rain.

Earlier in the winter I went out of hunters dropped the camera down a bunch of holes looking for eyes and then he or she came into view, a big muskie. Wish I would have had the recorder thing for the camera.