• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

With the unseasonably warm temperatures lately, the ice has hit the road on a few lakes in the area. Dutch in Howard Lake is wide open already as well as all of the lakes in Carver Park Preserve including Auburn, Steiger and Zumbra. Many of the larger lakes still have ice but it’s only a matter of a week or two now.

What’s the status of other lakes in the area?

Buffalo has water 50-100 feet from shore. Gonna be more with this rain. Just a rumor, but my friend that lives on Pulaski said it's starting to open up in the middle.

I drove past pulaski this afternoon. The ice looks as if it could blow open in a few days. ( Come on open water).

as always, big lake still looks like a week away. and with the cooler temps forcast, it may not be out by next weekend.

Sarah lake in Rockford was completely ice free. I can only imagine that the other lakes will be going within these next couple of days.

Buffalo is open, I can't say ice free but it sure does look like it. Know once i have the boat in the lake. Constance still has a lot of ice, as does pulaski. I'm still looking at other small lakes for that early bite.

Constance and Pelican are open. Either that or I can't see the ice remaining.

Pulaski started breaking up this morning. Won't be long now.

Two days off now and I'm getting the boat out tomorrow.

And to start off a great early spring, how about back-to-back homers by Morneau and Hunter. Get those early-bird tickets to get on the Twins' fan bus. I'm already aboard.

We're coming... We're coming

Put a fork in the ice on Mitchell. It should be gone very quick if any wind fires up.

the wind did it, big lake and mitchell was open tuesday.

I think pulaski is mostly open. Can't see all of it from the road but what I did see was open water.

Friday the ice was basically out on Pulaski. Maybe a little that got pushed up to shore. For the most part you could take the boat for a ride now.

Don't plan a boat ride on Buffalo docks, yet, for they have been covered in ice for 3-5 days.

It won't be long now and we can get the portables back out, if this weather doesn't change. My dad lives on Norway lake near Willmar. Last Sunday the lake was open no ice, well this sunday for Easter the lake not only froze over, but has alot of ice that's in bigger chunks. So much for the crappie fishing.