• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mauer vs Prior

pegleg

I just read where the Cubs sent Mark Prior down to Triple A so he can regain his form. This move should shut up the Mauer bashers that said the Twins screwed up 4 years ago by picking Mauer over Prior.

I think they shut their mouths awhile ago. Even if Mauer didn't win the batting title I would rather have him then Prior just becuase he was able to play an entire season.

I will admit it, when we picked the home boy over Prior I was not happy, but a couple years ago, I took a 180 degree turn. I am hearing "experts" state that Prior will at best be a number 4 or 5 starter, he will never get the form back that he once had, has just missed too much of the game with all the injuries.

GO TWINS!!

Finally the truth comes out. Down here in Cubs land, people that thought Prior was next best thing since sliced bread have to think again. Well, he likely will end his career with around 100 wins,, and those wins will come in a injury plaugued career. Mauer has the best in front of him, and at this point and likely all points- is a no doubter between him and some stiff... well the differnce between Cub scouting and Twin scouting.

hey guys.if prior was taken by the twins he'd still be in AAA, grin.gifseriously sometimes taking the homer will pay off.too bad the lynx(not a fan of womans basketball)didnt figure that out with whalen$$$$$

Those poor Cubbies, Geno should be chiming in any minute now. They have to have two of the biggest failures since the Lou Brock trade. Prior and Wood have been the Cubbie battle cry for the last how many years and they have failed miserably. Prior is just a wuss, sometimes you have to suck it up and go out there every 5th day. He has been Mr. IR his whole career, every twinge or hangnail had ole Mark on the DL. I have to believe that much of his problems are from the "magic juice", just take a look at his calves and that should tell you something. Just noodling here. Trying to get Geno to bite.....Here Geno Geno!!!!!!!!!!!

Windy

kerry wood had his good year, prior has had good games, but I am glad to see this team move on finally. the cubs have a good or better staff without those guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Windy cannot get me to bite.....I have seen a million Cubbie failures so I am used to it - I don't like it - but I am used to it.

Prior came up gimp again yesterday in his start now off to the doctors again..

Is Zambrano the next Gimp/failure?

He's not pitching like a Numero Uno, but at least he is hitting like one-small consolation as that is.

I was another who wanted Prior instead of Joe . Mauer just scored and Prior is probably on the DL again . I was way wrong and thats why I'm plinkin' on the puter and not scouting players for the TWINS . Just a reminder Windy -thats how its spelled - T W I N S .