Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishhawk1750

boat access on chisago area

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering if the lakes in the area are open enough for a boat yet.

As of Thursday morning(3-29) no.. chisago still iced, Green still iced, Kroon still iced, South Center still iced.. I didn't see N/Center. But all of them look to be getting near opening?

Quote:

Just wondering if the lakes in the area are open enough for a boat yet.

I drove by Clear Lake today (3-29) about 10 am, and there was about 20' of ice "buildup" on the north shore, right out from the boat landing.

Other than that, the lake was open.

My 5 year old is getting the itch. He got a new fishing rod for Christmas, and open water can't come soon enough.

Not to mention I bought a new boat last fall and didn't get out nearly enough, maybe Dad's alittle itchy too???? Fishing wise??? blush.gif

Forest lake one is starting to give way with 50 yards of open water on the south shore today and a big rift in the middle of the lake so I'd say another day or two and a little wind and rain and it will be open as well.

Tunrevir~

Clear Lake was in the same condition today. It's pulled away from the shoreline, too.

SoHaad, give me a shout, I'm thinking Redwing or maybe a trout run up the shore. I have a stay at home weekend this weekend but maybe we can hit the Croix Good Friday if you are off.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Tunrevir,

Hey buddy, I've been meaning to give you a shout for weeks now. You know how it goes. I'll try calling you tonight. I may be getting a different boat. I'm also itching to get out on the Croix.

Forest Lake is really opening up today. There are several open areas, including areas in the middle. If our weather continues or get a good wind, it may be ice free by Monday.

FL one almost clear tonight and with the rain and wind I have to beleive it will be open by the weekend! Sohaad, I am planing on hittin the river on good Friday don't now if that works for you or not. The boat you have, my dad may be interested in it for a Florida boat and in that case you may get to fish from it again! He is looking for something to keep down there on the river and feels the Tin Can is not big enough, can you send me some specs on your boat? Might be a good deal for us all the way around!

Tunrevir~