Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

musky_tail05

Anyone seen or heard of muskies caught from Grand Forks on up to the border? How about really big pike? Just curious.

Thanks for any info!

CatManLee

I've never caught a Muskie out of the river, but I know they are there...at least that's what I hear. As for Pike, I have caught a few over 35" inches and have seen bigger fish caught that were probably around 40" inches. Most Pike I have caught have been on cut bait while catfishing, but the few times I actually tried to catch them toothy critters, I did quite well fishing near river mouths and feeder creeks up near Drayton and Pembina.

I used big spinner baits and big sucker minnows on jigs bounced along the bottom. I think vibration and/or smell really matters a lot more in this river than color.

Wiskers

We have gotten a few large Muskies out of the Red Lake River so there must be some in the Red.. It is the trick of how to find them in the murky water. Totaly diffrent presentation I would imagine. Most have been caught by accident.

Scoot

Definitely a few sklunges in the Red, but their numbers are pretty low. Personally, I don't think they're close to fishable numbers. A few nice ones caught now and then, but rarely. I saw one about a dozen times early one summer hanging out at the same spot. Tried like heck to get her to eat, but she smiled at me and swam away each time. Stinkin' muskies!

Ed Carlson

They are more common, yet sparse, on the headwaters end of the Red. I have caught a few near Whap, 2 near Fargo, and none farther North to date.

Best time for me has been late fall on the Headwaters end with cranks while hunting walleye. They show in the tribs more often in the fall, the more rock around the better for some reason...not sure why?