Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

St Croix Boat landings??????

9 posts in this topic

Looking for a decent boat landing on the St Croix between Hudson and Stillwater. Our monday night fishing league has 10 boats. Looking not to pay if we can avoid it. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this is out of your way or not, but I launch from the Bluffs. One if the nicest launches I've been on and it's like $25 for a 1 year pass. Just get a washington county pass and it works for several parks.

I'll second the St. Croix Bluffs regional park. good well protected launch and slips. Gets pretty crowded at times. may be a little further south than you are looking for; but a quality palce to launch.

There's a public access just north of the marina in stillwater. Can be tough going if the water level is low, but otherwise a nice spot. The parking lot (about 15 trailer spaces) is right on 95, you can't miss it, then the launch is down the hill.

As posted above,the public launch on the north end of Stillwater is the only free launch around these parts.It usually gets pretty full though.Beachhouse marina in Bayport is 10bucks during the week for fishing boats but if you have to use the park for parking your trailer thats another 10.You can get a season pass over in Hudson for the launch at the park,I think its around 75bucks, less if you are a resident.Beanies is on the Mn side,Im not sure what their weekday rates are,but those are your options up in the area you want to go.

Benies is $15 on the weekends, nice and deep but gets busy. They do have several different summer packages. I think the unlimited one was around $450 for the season.

Otherwise further south is windmill in Afton but that's $19 but they do a good job. They have some there to help launch or load your boat (works well if your alone) and they will pick you up in a golf cart from where you park.

Quote:

Looking for a decent boat landing on the St Croix between Hudson and Stillwater. Our monday night fishing league has 10 boats. Looking not to pay if we can avoid it. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to FM, oldguy!

Good luck with the fishing league this year. I'm the new guy in the league this year, but watch out!!! grin.gif (Who are you)?

My vote...Boomsite (north of Stillwater). Its free, and shouldn't be very busy during the week. Beanies is right by I-94 if you want to fish further south, and I think it is $10 during the week.

Team Undecided (for now)

HaywardBound. Where in New Brighton are you? I'm on 14th st&18th Ave NW. Looks like the landing by Stillwater will be the one. Team undecided? We will give you a week to decide, then we make up the name. I've been on FM for a while, just have not posted and lost my login info. But thanks for the welcome! See ya on the water

I'm just off Old 8 by the fire station. See you out there! cool.gif