Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

cracks on counsel -- Help

6 posts in this topic

I have some cracks on the counsel on my '03 165 CS that I am going to seal to pay for the new boat.I never would have replaced it because it never bothered me. Now that i am going to sell it I guess I have to fix it. It will cost about $500 at the deal to replace it but somebody said I could fill the cracks and then repaint them.

Anyone have this problem -- what did you do?

Thanks

Hit

I have seen this and repaired this issue. The problem may have resulted from broken mounts that support the counsel. Look underneath the counsel and inspect the mounts before repairing the plastic dash.

The don't know the extent of the crack, but I found the only way to repair the crack is to get an entirely new plastic dash. There is no easy way to repair the crack without it being obvious, or the crack expanding further in the future.

It's not a difficult project if you have time, and the dash is not that expensive.

Is this something that i can do myself -- The dealer said the counsel is $400. That is expensive.

Do you think the cracks will bother most people that I try and sell the boat to?

I think that kind of depends on how big / noticeable they are. But in general, I would say yes, some people will notice and will care.

If it were me I'd try and sell it without fixing, but be prepared to drop your price if it really becomes an issue - or add $400 to the price of your boat now and tell them you'll cut them a deal if they notice grin.gif

marine_man

Yeah -- that is true.

The problem is there is a friend of mine that is thinking about buying it and I am giving him a heck of a price. $1,500 less than I could get out of the paper -- But now he wants that fixed on top of it.

Dealing with friends ... I was trying to give him a GREAT deal and trough everying in.

Now I kinda hope he does not take it.

frown.gif

Dealing with frieds almost always is a headache... and not just the initial dealing either - wait till he has trouble with it... then it'll be your fault that it doesn't work...

marine_man