Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigyooper

NW Sports Show

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone gone down to this?

Is it worth driving down from Duluth?

Nick -

I'm sure its not going to be as good as the swap meet!

Did ya get your lower unit fixed up yet? That river is a doozy ya know!

It's melting by the way....ya need to get your gear in line!

The NW show is big and worth going to.

Woodie WEd my boat/trailer go in for a trailer axle check over and a tune up on the valves and carb checked on the yamaha.

Ill have it out on the river Friday and looking for some Crappies.

bigyooper,

I've been to the NW Sports Show the last seven years, and IT IS BIG, shocked.gif lotsa stuff to see. If you walk all the aisles and browse, takes about 4 hours. Well worth the time and effort. I think the cost is $10 a person.

Northlander... your boat have wheels and a sail for power???? Bays on my side are still covered with fishable ice. Good luck!

Cheeks

I checked it out yesterday and its going to be open up to Spirit Lake by Friday. Almost all the ice is gone off by the airport. Im sure I will be able to get the boat in as long as the launch is ice free or at least broken up.

Ill try to remember the camera and get some pics. Waters going to be COLD though.

Bigyooper!

I used to go to this Show every year till I was in my late 20's. Wouldn't miss it! Caught a 3 lb rainbow in the pond when I was about 12. As far as I know it has always been the biggest and best of the year for MN (Swap meet could become best though!).

I've been outa da loop for new gear since 2000 but am starting to restock and upgrade lately. I can't think of a better place to catch up.

I'm going tonight.

Steve, you planning on heading down to the sports show in the cities this weekend?

No Im working and have to go down there Wed-Friday next week. frown.gif

Spent about 3 hours at the Show last night, which means I cruised through it pretty quick. Alot of the staples for vendors still but some new and cool stuff too.

Some impressive artwork, and even some really good lake map art. If I had a place on Vermilion I would have spent some dough for sure!

The Navionics and Lakemaster displays were really cool! Big plasma monitors to show it all off and all the information you could ask for.

I got 60% off some Red Wings smile.gif Needed em bad.

TONS of boats and rigging equipment. Some good deals on hunting/fishing packages.

The trout pond is stocked with NICE sized Browns that weren't afraid to hit the right fly.

Its gonna be a rainy weekend!

Now I'm really wishing I could make the Swap Meet mad.gif But Easter in South Dakota is were I'll be....Too far away for a day trip frown.gif

If you are planning to spend some money in the upcoming year; the sports show will have the best deal. I picked up Lowrance expedition color, '07 lakemaster and leather case for $298.00... Yes and I am not lying. Couldn't believe it myself. Every retailer and distributor is there competeing for your business. So my advice is shop every booth working for the best price, and then go to your favorite "local" dealer near you and get them to match the price or get it else where. If it is possible they will make it happen!!!

Worked a booth on Friday evening, Saturday and today. Old timers said the crowd on Saturday was around 45,000. Every busy day.