Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

bigyooper

Has anyone gone down to this?

Is it worth driving down from Duluth?

Papa Woodie

Nick -

I'm sure its not going to be as good as the swap meet!

Did ya get your lower unit fixed up yet? That river is a doozy ya know!

It's melting by the way....ya need to get your gear in line!

Northlander

The NW show is big and worth going to.

Woodie WEd my boat/trailer go in for a trailer axle check over and a tune up on the valves and carb checked on the yamaha.

Ill have it out on the river Friday and looking for some Crappies.

Great Outdoors

bigyooper,

I've been to the NW Sports Show the last seven years, and IT IS BIG, shocked.gif lotsa stuff to see. If you walk all the aisles and browse, takes about 4 hours. Well worth the time and effort. I think the cost is $10 a person.

cheeks

Northlander... your boat have wheels and a sail for power???? Bays on my side are still covered with fishable ice. Good luck!

Cheeks

Northlander

I checked it out yesterday and its going to be open up to Spirit Lake by Friday. Almost all the ice is gone off by the airport. Im sure I will be able to get the boat in as long as the launch is ice free or at least broken up.

Ill try to remember the camera and get some pics. Waters going to be COLD though.

Wanderer

Bigyooper!

I used to go to this Show every year till I was in my late 20's. Wouldn't miss it! Caught a 3 lb rainbow in the pond when I was about 12. As far as I know it has always been the biggest and best of the year for MN (Swap meet could become best though!).

I've been outa da loop for new gear since 2000 but am starting to restock and upgrade lately. I can't think of a better place to catch up.

I'm going tonight.

outdoor ran

Steve, you planning on heading down to the sports show in the cities this weekend?

Northlander

No Im working and have to go down there Wed-Friday next week. frown.gif

Wanderer

Spent about 3 hours at the Show last night, which means I cruised through it pretty quick. Alot of the staples for vendors still but some new and cool stuff too.

Some impressive artwork, and even some really good lake map art. If I had a place on Vermilion I would have spent some dough for sure!

The Navionics and Lakemaster displays were really cool! Big plasma monitors to show it all off and all the information you could ask for.

I got 60% off some Red Wings smile.gif Needed em bad.

TONS of boats and rigging equipment. Some good deals on hunting/fishing packages.

The trout pond is stocked with NICE sized Browns that weren't afraid to hit the right fly.

Its gonna be a rainy weekend!

Wanderer

Now I'm really wishing I could make the Swap Meet mad.gif But Easter in South Dakota is were I'll be....Too far away for a day trip frown.gif

youngie22

If you are planning to spend some money in the upcoming year; the sports show will have the best deal. I picked up Lowrance expedition color, '07 lakemaster and leather case for $298.00... Yes and I am not lying. Couldn't believe it myself. Every retailer and distributor is there competeing for your business. So my advice is shop every booth working for the best price, and then go to your favorite "local" dealer near you and get them to match the price or get it else where. If it is possible they will make it happen!!!

genio in duluth

Worked a booth on Friday evening, Saturday and today. Old timers said the crowd on Saturday was around 45,000. Every busy day.