Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishuhalik

Boundary Creek Pond in Champlin

3 posts in this topic

I was just down at the pond in Boundary Creek in Champlin and I noticed a ton of bullheads floating around, but I also noticed there were some really nice crappies floating, 12" +. I found out the lake winterkills every year, and i was just wondering how craps can get that big in just a year?

Even during a severe winterkill some fish will survive. Crappies are supposedly able to endure winterkills better than other fish such as sunfish, perch, or bullheads.

i've also heard that norton's do very well on winterkill from d.n.r...pond on friend's property was well filled with them...last three years none of the big ones he was catching have shown up on shore in spring...do they sink and rot or are they still out there?none have been caught in a couple years..was great three years ago.....?