Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LovenLifeGuy

Any info would be nice

6 posts in this topic

It will be my first trip to the rainy so Im looking for any suggestions. Anyone know where I can get a good map. I plan on putting in a Birchdale if its good to go. What does a guy look for? Deep water or shallow? Rocks? I dont mind doing the searching for fish at all but with only getting to fish for two days it would be nice to be able to narrow it down a bit. Any help would be great!

We will be heading up early Monday morning if all goes as planned.

Thanks, LovenLifeGuy

I like to look for any pockets or feeder creeks. If I find a pocket or structure, fish the upstream side. It always has worked for me. Good luck!

I always look for open water and a structure change in the current (like the upstream side of a pocket or hole) on the AMERICAN side of the river and drop a hook. If that fails I just get out my shad raps and troll until I find them then work the jigs.

A bad day fishing beats a good day at work anytime, RIP SOME LIPS !!

Do you troll up or down river with your shadraps? or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

You can troll any way you want, however upstream trolling is best, because the raps will run truer. When you start trolling downstream the current works against the action of your lure. In my 19 years of fishing the river, 99% of our fish have been caught trolling upstream.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!!

Thanks I might give it a try this year.