Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grant

a good day

4 posts in this topic

a good day

sitting on the bank in the sun, a warm breeze at the mouth of a small "unnammed" creek that dumps into an "unnammed" river- throwing livers for cats and crawlers for whatever. caught a couple channels, one around 5-6 pounds, the other maybe half that. also one redhorse, maybe a pound.

Another fun thing- when I was there an older fellow came by, and just stopped to talk for a while- was a good storyteller too. it was quite refreshing happening across a genuinely friendly and honest stranger, in this crazy day and age - I wish this happened more often.

I had one like that myself yesterday. Sun, cool breeze and a line hitin the water. No fish but the weather, chattin with an old friend and just being outside was a life saver. I think the fishing community in general is viewed as a friendly bunch, something about it just adds up to good people. Whens the last time you heard about the crazy fisherman that went nutz and shot the clerk at the baitshop grin.gif! I am new on this site and reading the stories and comments on here for just a few days, I feal like I've known everybody for years. Cant wait for open water!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to fm. gotta love stories like those, whether youre catching fish or not. always makes you feel good and even more it makes you want to get out to do it.

just like to say welcome and and enjoy