Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodbuilder

River open in crookston?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. A Bemidji fisherman here. Last spring, a buddy and I fished from the river bank near the police station in crookston and did fair for cats. Was just wondering if the ice is still there or if we could come over and wet a line?? If open, are there any cats biting in there right now?? Any/all responses would be appreciated!

I'm guessing that by Monday or Tuesday, the ice will be gone. With a whimper this year, silently clearing in the wee hours.

Still pretty damned chilly water for the cats to be awakening yet.

Well I fished two spots yesterday and tried all sorts of baits but not even a bite yet... Still too cold but I had to give it a try. Ice is holding tight..

LOL. The ice went out yesterday afternoon, and today it's snowing to beat the band. grin.gif

Thanks to everyone for the updates. This forum rocks! I will check back in a week or two to see if anything has improved over there. Thanks again!

Ice went out, snow fell, slush on river now.. Starting to freeze over again.. sigh sigh.. What a deal.

i am in the same boat over here. rivers blew out and are dang near froze. rusty, got my personal best steelhead on easter 29" got to show you some pics.

River is open here but the level has dropped to late summer shallows already.. the landings are full of mud and Huge chunks of ice. Who knows when they will get opened up.. I have been chomping at the bit to get out and give it a go with the little Lund. frown.gif

Ok guys, this warm weather is really getting to me. I need to catch something from open water! I am considering driving over to Crookston tomorrow (wednesday) to try for cats. Anyone have any updated news for me???

Well this is the first year I have caught cats in 40 degree water. Got two, one big one and one small one. For the most part it is very slow. I found about 15 big dead cats on the sand bar yesterday from when the ice went out.. Killed a lot of fish, cats, carp and suckers. I was using a crawler and jig on the bottom, shallow water, about 2 feet deep.