• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing yet

Just wondering if anyone has been out fishing yet. I have been to the dami in windom looking for crappies string for perch double for crappies and everwhere else I could think of and not much for luck I know the water is still cold but any guesses on the temps confused.gif

If all goes as planned I'll be on the lake this coming weekend!!! I gotta get my boat in running order first, but I'm almost there.

I talked to a guy last night an he said perch on string lakes. But dont know about the size.

Anybody ever fish shopper bush resovoir north of jeffers

crappies are biting on bloody lake and the shetek inlet.

Is Shetek going to warm up enough to be active come opener?? My dad wants to go there for opener this year so I hope we can put an 'eye or 2 in the boat for him!!

I'm seriously hoping to be on Bloody Saturday or Sunday or both, kinda depends on weather and if I get my boat fixed up.

Shetek on opener would be a good call. The north end, Teepeootah point is a good place to hit.

Are the crappies on bloody and shetek good size and is it worth the trip

Windom Im thinking about comeing over there on saturday or maybe sunday. Are the crappies usually pretty nice

Sure it's worth the trip. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you will catch a pail full of 15" crappies, but there are some nice slabbys in both Bloody and Shetek.

I'm bringing my boat into work tomorrow. After work I'll have it in the shop getting it ready. Hopefully I'll be on one of the lakes Saturday or Sunday. If you see a maroon Chev PU, with a Pabst sticker on the rear windshield, it's me.

Good luck Eric. I will be heading out next week to search for some slabs.

someone asked about Schoeper-Bush.. I used to fish it when I lived 6 miles away alot!! If ur lookin 4 crappies nows the time to hit the west arm of it. along the road by the bridge but dont be surprised if ya get bit off by an EYE or a nice pike cuz they are in there too..HaRV SUNNIES nice ONES THIS TIME ON OUR DAY 2 RENDEVOUX SPOT FROM SHORE

what do you mean west arm of the road by the bridge on schoeper-bush basssmasher

where everyone drives on in the winter.. u know where that is right??

I guess I dont catch your drift sorry I just never relized that there was a bridge there maybe there more to that place then I though

U know where the park is right?? of ur coming from hwy 71 turn on the gravel road that has a camping sign by the turn.. that will take you to it.. another place its by is the red rock dells county park. I cant rtemember the # of the gravel road though.. its directly across fron cottonwood cr 10 which turns west off of 71..Heck mebbe we will hafta get together and fish it I can lead the way!! lol

basssmasher ur talking about mounds creek yah thats a good place to fish too monster pike in there. Schoeper-Bush is staight north of jeffers and is only a couple of acres of water but is a nother man made lake or pond what ever you would want to call it

oops!!! MY BAD I got em mixed up!! lol.. well I know both places well though.. shpoer-bush..go from where you park to the left down the hill.. it gets shallow back there .. just where it starts to narrow i threw jish under a bobber mebbe 2 feet deep.. caught some bass that way too!! Otherwise go where everyone else does .where it spills out on the north side grin.gif

thats alright I have caght crappies there just wondering what other people do to get them big bass in there and real nice perch to but it seems you have to hit it on the right day my best fishing there has been in the rain

HL, when you say you're heading out for slabs, where ya goin??? We should get together sometime a put a few in the boat.

no actually go to the right (north) by the cement thing and thats where the crappies are. Its rocks there.

right next to the cement where are you talking about have u caught them this year

have had good luck everywhere on bush..really dont matter where..the fish are constantly moving..thats how i have had my best luck...fish in one spot and move around..I was there just before ice out...saw thousands of crappies and bass...actually caught some nice largemouths..no luck with the crappies thou..i have had my best luck with a small jig..no bait

• 3 weeks later...

We spent the better part of yesterday afternoon on Shetek. We tooled the boat (the new boat grin.gif) around the dykes, the inlet,(Where I hit a rock mad.gif) and in a lot of back bays and points. We were looking for crappies. We got hit with the big skunk-er-oo. I chatted with a few people who were doing some shore fishing and they had pretty much the same luck we did.

Although no fish, it was a GREAT day to be out on the lake, especially in the new to me boat!!!

With the recent warm weather the crappies are now getting active. Plastic tube jigs and mini twister tails have been taking a few.

Caught some nice sunfish down on okaboji in the canals on monday and tuesday. water temps in the canals ranged from 53 to 57 and the main lake was 43.

Quote:

down on okaboji in the canals on monday and tuesday.

Hmm looks to me like someone was scouting this out, may have to inform the others of this minor technicality that I came across, oh and Mon and Tuesday off and gone fishing wow well I guess you deserve a day or two off. Wish I could have joined ya, hope your ready for the swath of cranks that will be passing by you on the hour, grin.gif

Anyone heading to the border waters for the early opener this weekend? I might be going out with a friend from work and hopefully get into some.

Probably heading out of Marshall on Sat or Sun, not sure where we are going,the details haven't been made yet, but know we are going somewhere.