Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kylersk

*sigh* Just broke the center window on my new (used) boat..

5 posts in this topic

The latches that keep the window shut have popped out of the frame. So, I picked up a couple replacement ones from a dealer today. The new ones are screwed to the frame. Well, while trying to drill a small pilot hole (in the frame) for the screw, I shattered the window.

Luckilly, it doesnt look to hard to replace, the frame comes apart with 4 screws. Just waiting to see the cost of the new glass.

DON'T buy it, I have it send me an email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow you didn't kid around when you were looking to buy.....congrats.......but that sucks. I know there has been some close calls with mine.....knock on wood.

What did you end up getting?

I picked up a 2000 Crestliner 1750 Sportfish with 115 evinrude from Cabelas.

So far, I HIGHLY recommend Cabelas for used boat buying. They gave me a brand new minkota 24volt 70# auto pilot trolling motor, brand new 2 bank battery charger, and 2 brand new deep cycle batteries. The old trolling motor and batteries were bad, and the boat didnt come with a battery charger (the sales man thought it did). I also got a 30 day warranty that STARTS on opening fishing and a 1 year 50/50 labor split warranty on top of that.

Sounds like a good deal congrats.