Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lawdog

Gopher draft picks?

5 posts in this topic

Anybody seen any projections where any Minnesota kids may go in the draft???

Spaeth is really the only "big" name Gopher pick this year. As far as where he'll be drafted, the word is that he's in the same situation as Eslinger last year, where there's still a lot of question marks. Maybe between rounds 2-5.

Ya that was the first guy that came to mind for me too, but there should be a lineman there or somebody that can play at the next level too you'd think...not that I could name one.

Spaeth was an All-American last year, just like Eslinger. Eslinger didn't get drafted right away and I believe was the third Center taken in the draft. Spaeth's big question mark is his shoulder injury.

Joe Ainslie (OT) worked out in Wisconsin during their Pro Day. The reason he went to Wisconsin is because of all the attention surrounding Joe Thomas (OT) is projected to go #2 of the draft. The only thing that I heard about his pro day workout is that he was "top dog" in the bench (reps). I could see him being asked to camp by someone, but I don't know if he'll actually get drafted.

Well Lawdog, Spaeth went in the 3rd round, 77th overall pick. Gary Russell was not drafted but signed a free agent contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Logan Payne also signed as a free agent contract with the Seattle Seahawks. Russell had a terrible workout and ran very s-l-o-w right before the draft. I wish him luck, although he may follow the steps of Clarett and be out of football sooner than he wishes.