• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carpin at Silver Lake Report - 3/25/07 (4 pics)

We basically had to find an area out of the wind. The carp that hit today, hit very well and hard. Whole kernel sweet corn on the bottom was the trick. #4 or #2 hook filled with corn.

We caught 7 total carp and I even hit 1 crappie (possibly the biggest crappie I’ve ever caught out of Silver Lake). The carp ranged from 3-5lbs. Nick hit the biggest carp of the day, but it slipped down the bank before we could snap a photo.

ty_carp1.jpg

Andy (crazyice)

andy_carp1.jpg

ty_carp2.jpg

ty_crappie12jpg.jpg

I will never understand why people "target" carp...I just find them repulsive. grin.gif

Anyways, nice pics and keep them coming in

Nice pics! That crappie is a monster. I haven't been fishing for carp in a few years. Definately looks like a good time!

Tell ya what, I had never targeted them either until that day, but man was it fun when they hit!!

Back in High School, carp fishing was about the only game around where i grew up. I tell you what, take an ultra lite with 4 lb test and latch onto some 5-10 lb carp. You'll learn in a big hurry how too fight big fish. When i was young i learned too backreel fighting those beasts.

well in that case!! grin.gif

I might have to give it a try then.....do you eat carp too?

hey ty, what do you do with your carp? i've always released mine, but i know alot of people who frown on that.

All the fish above were released. That's what I normally do.

I fish a couple carp tourneys every year that are designed to remove carp for the waters, and in those cases we give all our carp to a hog farmer. I guess those hogs just love them.

I used to do a lot of carpin' when I lived in Rochester. Used to catch a pile of them out of Silver Lake. Next time you plan on goin drop me a line, I might drive down. In the dead of summer during and emediately after a good rain was always the best time.