Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

North End Gull Crappies

3 posts in this topic

How is the spring fishing on the north end of gull where the creek comes in at the access along hwy 77? Warms up sooner up there I assume? Anyone fish that spot at all?

The channel area between Gull and the Upper Chain is one of the best spots in the area for spring crappie fishing. There is always a little current flow through that area, and the water is a little more stained than the rest of the lake. You are right it does warm a little faster and it is one of the first places the crappies move into. It gets fished real hard by boaters and shore anglers but it still offers some tremendous fishing. It also offers some good walleye fishing during the first few days of the walleye season in May.

Jason Erlandson

Excellent. If I can make it up there I'll definitely give it a try. And if the fish aren't biting I'll just head across the street and have a beer. Thanks for the info.