Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jostend

fish houses

8 posts in this topic

I know the deadline for fish houses was the 15th of March, but there were several sleeper houses that were still on the lake this past weekend. Just curious for future trips on what the rule is. Is there a difference between rentals and personal houses?

That was sure one of the best sunsets I have seen on Saturday evening. What a great day...

From what I understand, they can be left overnight if they are attended to daily.

No difference. If you are north of the highway 2 boundary your fish house may stay on the lake over night if it is in use. From what I understand the CO for upper red lake considers in use with holes drilled and the heat on. You don't actually have to be in the house.

The new law reads, "attended daily". With the old law you even had to fold up portables at midnight. confused.gif

can someone post the actual text from the handbook?

Go to the DNR website... it's in the fishing regulations...

Good Luck!

Ken

Shelter Removal Dates

Dark houses, fish houses, and shelters must be off the ice no later than

midnight for each of the dates given in the following categories below.

Fish houses or shelters on waters north of the line* may remain on the

ice between midnight and one hour before sunrise only when occupied

or attended.

Quote:

between midnight and one hour before sunrise only when occupied

or attended.

That would be the noisy truck you hear banging across the ice in the AM darkness every stinkin morning all winter long. smile.gif