Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jps

Paintball paint remover, dog has paint on her!!

11 posts in this topic

What you suggest to use to remove paint from dog shot with a paintball gun? TIA jps

Isn't paintball paint water soluble? If it isn't I'd suggest time. I'd just let it wear off unless leaving it on would endanger your dog's health. How'd your dog get shot?

Thanks for the advice! Have a disgrutled neighbor! Dog usually stays home. Not much a guy can do. jps

I would call the cops on the neighbor, i think animal cruelty is a gross misdemeanor.

One good think about it, she is staying home. Maybe it taught her a lesson! The guy is just a jerk of sorts. Rather not get in to a big hassel with him!!! Thanks anyway, guys. I guess some people just don't like pets. jps

well congrats on being the bigger man, i know if someone took a couple shots at my dog with a paintball gun, they would prob be getting a little of their own medicine. But i have always had paintball paint come right out of clothes in the wash, most of it is water based, so a couple good baths for the dog should take it right out.

If that guy hits your dog in the eye it will be likely to lose it's eye considering the velocity those paintballs go at. Is that something you want. I can guarantee that eventually he will start shooting at your dog's head. If you let your neighbor dominate you by doing this he will use even worse judgement and do even worse things in the future. Do not submit to your neighbor's "low brow" mentality. Have an adult conversation with him and come to a reasonable solution to keep your dog in your yard and not in his. Remind him that what he did could land him in jail and suggest that he think twice about harming your dog again. What he is doing is not responsible adult behavior. Don't let someone act like a thug and not call them on it or they will walk all over you. On the flip side, you need to hold up your end too and keep your dog out of his yard. You said there isn't much you can do. Well, there is something you can do. Invisible fence, or a real fence, or a kennel with a run are a few solutions.

I agree with GSPman on this one. I would confront the person and give him your phone #. Tell him that you have taken steps to keep him in your yard, but if it happens again to please call and you'll take care of it. If he has your contact info and still harms the dog before you are notified, then you can press charges. Most cities also have ordinances about using a paintmarker within city limits unless on a licensed field or something like that. I've been in a few paintball games and man they really have some heat (300ft/sec.)and leave a nasty welt. I think you could easily dammage a dog's eyes or ribs with a direct hit. Look out for your best friend and take some responsibility at the same time.

Paintball paint comes off with soap and warm water. Sounds like it's bath time for doggie!!

As far as the shooting neighbor goes. I'm not going to get into the discussion too much as I know how things go around these parts. Good to know doggie got hit with a paint ball and not a 22. Hopefully a lesson was learned. Not with a gun, but I've painted dogs in the past.

Why is the dog at the neighbors anyhow?? Shouldn't he be at home. Not trying to start some thing here but I have so many stray animals in my yard I am sick of it. I have been tempted to get a paintball gun and paint the kitties pink.

I agree its better a paintball than a 22 or pellet gun. Also not the dogs fault for roming the neiborhood. If it was a one time occurance you should have been notified. I have used paintballs on dogs, it does not hurt, it stratles them and also lets the owner know that the dog was probly not were it should be. I also let the owner know before hand. As far as the cruelty it is the owners responsibility to take care of the dog, a paintball is less sever than a car, another dog, or wild animal.