Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigmikey

My wife is pregnant and I need cell reception to go...

9 posts in this topic

Hey, my wife is due April 5th (which means she could pop any day now) but I want to run up to the Rainy River for the spring fishing. Does anyone know if Unicel of Sprint has decent coverage in the Birchdale area? I want to go, but at this point, I'm not ready to miss the birth of my child, even to fish Rainy! wink.gif

On the river might be tough, depends on the model of phone.

I have at times, other times not so good.

Is this your first child?

WG

Well, this is number three, so I'm half way to a limit, right?

Bigmikey,

I do know that Unicel has a tower in Birchdale. It uses CDMA technology, which is what Sprint and Verizon both use. I do not know what the actual coverage is like though as I have never been there personally.

-Hossienda

Not the greatest reception and hard to get with sprint. Verizon gets awesome reception in Bicrchdale. My shack is about 2 miles east of Birchdale and when me and a few buddies stay there they have a real hard time getting reception with sprint...

Best wishes I hope all goes well, with both the fishing and the new one on the way!! That has to be exciting.

You definately don't want to be too far away when the time comes. Good luck with new one and on fishing. Hope all goes well either way.

WG

I've had good reception on the river from I falls to Baudette. I have a v262 motorola, unicell. I've never been unable to make a call last 2 years. Brent

your phone will work but you might want an extra power source. Your battries in the phone run down quicker when you are further from the towers.

What were you thinking last July? Obviously not about fishing the river in April!!! Just kidding wink.gif Hope everything works out for you and your family. Nothing greater than the birth of a child laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif