Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moneyback2

Gull Rock fishing 3/23 - 3/24

6 posts in this topic

Lots of walleyes being caught in this area. Babler's road was fine. Some water and slush on top, very easy to get around with 4 x 4. We left on Sunday morning. Lots of ice left.

Hey Moneyback2, thanks for the update! We we're still wondering on the water and slush thing going on the ice up there!! Was the ice getting pretty thin on shore? Sure don't want to get caught up in any water over the running-boards....if ya know what I mean!?...Were hoping for 1 more weekend, don't think that might be possible tho!?? Someone will have to keep me posted!!! Please!!?? Thanks in advance!!

Gator.

congrats to buffalo on there state high school basketball title

There was no water by shore on Sunday morning. Babler uses long rubber conveyor belts to drive on and that seems to keep the shore from melting. Shore was in really good shape on Sunday morning. Thanks for the Bison comment.

Hey Moneyback2, we continued to pound em sunday and monday, got pretty lost in the fog on sunday right after we talked to you guys on your way out, fished a couple other spots and finally on dumb luck found our way back to the honey hole! Wound up with lots of walleyes and even hit a 19" sauger! Sarah decided to try and out do me on monday and got a 39" pike out of that corner hole of where the red fishhouse was from your party! Not as fat as the hog i caught but still very nice. Dissapointed we never did get that elusive eel pout but what can you do. it was an awesome trip, a 35" northern, a 39" lots of walleyes and saugers caught consistently all day long and good company. It was fun fishing with you guys! I can also second the good ice condition, the shore was still looking very good on monday afternoon at about 4:30 when we pulled off the lake, the beach there was a little soft but no water and everything was still looking good for driving.

PerchJrkr, good to hear you pounded them. Also good to meet ya. Fun fishing together. We will be back next year.