Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrocketangler

Trolling motor mount

7 posts in this topic

I bought a 79' lund last year which has the rounded aluminum front and have seen people take these out to put a flat piece of plywood up there to mount a front trolling motor. Does anyone know who i could contact to do this kind of work. Ive heard of a guy in St. Peter if anyone knows his name. Thanks

Wait a few days & I will post a picture. This past weekend I worked on a bracket for my 14' lund to mount my transom trolling motor up front, It turned out nice and was a piece of cake to make, (If you know someone with a wire feed welder).

Pretty simple even without a welder. Take some lumber, 2X2 or 2X4, and bolt in to the boat horizontal with a couple of bolts, cutting a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit into the boats front and screwing the plywood to the lumber with screws. On mine, I needed to use two pieces of plywood to get that 1.5" to get the trolling motor over of edge of the gunnel. This was for a bow mount on a 14 ft lund....the concept is pretty universal and very easy though.

I dont have photos, but your more than welcome to swing by my house sometime and take a look-Cougar Estates, Mankato.

Is this Allan A?

Jamie K

sure is al a. i might have to do that thanks jtk

(redrocketangler@yahoo.com)send me a i got your email email.

Pics would be great mnice thanks

email sent

Redrocket, here's some pictures of the bracket I made. I wanted a bow mount troller without the loss of space a bow mount creates. As you can see, I don't have a lot of room up there anyway.

[image]sunbird003.jpg[/image]

[image]sunbird002.jpg[/image]

[image]sunbird001.jpg[/image]

In the last picture you can barly see the plug in in the front of the seat. I think It will wrok pretty well.

I like the plate steel thats a good idea to save space and be tough enough

Thanks for the pics