Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KOBANON

must be a sign of the times

7 posts in this topic

Just a few hours ago while enjoying a beverage on deck I was pleasantly suprised to whitness 2 dozen or so odd wild turkeys march across my bow heading up river and up the beach. Organized by hieght they went single file, slowly intent on some destination known only to the most senior of urban turkey society. Never have I seen even 1 one venture this close to the denaturalized zones. There leader must be very persausive indeed. Just thought I'de share.

That's cool Kobanon. I saw at least a dozen near the mouth of the Minnesota about a week ago. I also saw some otters swimming around Pike Island. I've never seen them around there before, have you?

Since your talkin turkeys, I had 8 with two toms, one really nice bearded one, and 6 hens. But what makes this so odd is that I live in the heart of east St. Paul. We only have about an acre behind our house and the and the apartment buildings and the last two days they have been browsing. Waiting til sun up to see if there still there today.

That's awesome......unless you piss off the Turkeys...doah.

Kobanon are you at watergate again this year?

Vern No I've never seen otters that far up river, however thats good news last i heard they where around redwing and growing. For that matter i have never seen turkeys there either. lots of cyotes though (pardun the spelling. ps. I may have seen an otter back in 02 near down town stp though ive never been sure about it .

PB. No not this season I need a change of pace I 'm going to stay down in the inver grove area and spend some time in the back waters

I saw a flock of turkeys along side of I494, just east of the Mississippi River, a couple of weeks ago. They were just feeding on the side of the hill.

I don't know about swimming but there sure are alot at the bar!c63 grin.gif ( I misread your post)I thought you said Turkeys were swimming! confused.gif