Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGUIDE

Great first trip to Rainy

4 posts in this topic

I'd like to thank Fishingminnesota.com, Woody's Fairly Reliable Resort, Rainy Lake 1Stop and Tearin' Lips for making mine and my wife's first trip to Rainy a safe, fun and successful one!

It took a few times out to get on the fish but once we lined up with Woody's persistence to get on fish he knew where there (and Tearin' Lips tackle & tactics) we finally stumbled into a school of hungry slabs. And man, it doesn't take long to have a few laying on the ice!

We we also impressed with the variety of fish you can catch from one location (pike, crappie, walleye, etc.)

Tearin' Lips, your advice was spot on. I actually learned and developed some confidence in jigging and running and gunning. I am an old "dead sticker" from way back but having some success with jigging for crappie and walleye has changed all that.

Here's a few pics from the trip.

DCP_0457.jpg

DCP_0454.jpg

DCP_0450.jpg

Gorgeous fish UGuide. I just want to reiterate that I am glad that you had a great time in our neck of the woods. As most everyone on this site will attest, it is a great place to spend time. I also had a great time talking to you on the t-phone tonight, it's always great to meet new people and make new friends. Hopefully we can get out next year and you can show me a thing or two as well.

Say hi to your wife for me and extend and tell her that I am glad you guys had a great time!!

Take Care UGuide and I am sure we'll be talkin' to each other soon!!!

Bill, thanks again and I too enjoyed visiting with you on the phone last night and sure hope to get the chance to do a little "run & gun" next season when the water gets hard once again.

Regards,

Very nice indeed!! Those are some slabs!!! Can't wait to get back up there!! SB