Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan_V

summerizing a generator

2 posts in this topic

do you guys do anything special to your henerators in the off season?? Mine is pretty much for ice fishing. just wondering if I should drain the fluids....run stabil/seafoam through it...just run it every once in a while...... thanks for the help.

Use your product of choice to stabilize the gas, run it 'til the lines and carb bowl are full of the stabilized gas. Change the oil, clean it up and it should be ready for storage.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• AlwaysFishing23
      Another guy went through on Hubert yesterday near brainerd. That's the third guy ( all on different lakes) that went through this week! In that area! Please don't go out! If you do don't be to cautious. The crow wing county sheriff highly recommended not going on any lake ice no matter what type of transportation. Stay home and watch the ice melt. I know This is the vermilion area but it was a open thread. Sorry.
    • cabsav
      I am familiar with big water and big wind, and do my best to avoid that combination.
    • AlwaysFishing23
        +1 It can get real nasty real quick out there.
    • bowhuntingboy1
      You are right, mille lacs would be the last place you would want to be in the middle of during wind or a thunderstorm.
    • tyeetanic
      Talked to Tim a couple of days ago, he had room for 14 tables, now has 15 tables rented.  He squeezed in one more somewhere.  Another guy called after that and agreed to set up outside.  There will be several others outside, as well.  There may still be room outside, but I would say it's definitely filling up!  Should be lots of good stuff to pick from.  Happy shopping everyone!