Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeguy7

is it too early to start the countdown to opener?

16 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if it was too early to start the countdown, with this warm weather I am starting to get exited about opener!!! cool.gif

Countdown started Jan 1 .

Countdown started when I winterized the boat last November. Now if it would just hurry a little. grin.gif

I just meant the timer that they put at the top of the page. And you are right it does start when the boat gets winterized!! grin.gif

This has to be the worst time of the year . Especially this year with the weather being so mild . Repairs to my boat will be completed when I put the rebuilt prop back on . Upgrades are done . Tackle has been checked , organized & re-organized then rechecked . Now its wait .. wait & wait . Might just have to head to the Rainy @ ice out for Walleyes .

Muskycrazy I am right there with you. Brother was out on Lake Superior today with a alright catch, myself I spent the past 2 days getting the boat ready for when I get back from Mexico. It will be time to hit it hard and I will be in no mood to be fiddling with gear.

It's time for the countdown as well, heck I might even go as far to say that open water should be climbing to the top and ice fishing gets put in snooze mode! grin.gif

With the early time change and the unseasonably warm spring this is going to be a long wait to opener. I'm still staring at 2 feet of ice. frown.gif

48 days!

It's always open season where I live, even if it's just for bluegills.

I brought the boat home from storage Saturday......WoooHooo!

Let the countdown begin.

Quote:

Tackle has been checked , organized & re-organized then rechecked .

I knew I wasn't the only one........

BRING IT ON! Im going crazy in this in between time. Oh well shore fishing and smeltings coming up.

For all you wannaknows, its 45 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes, and 46, 45, 44, 43, well you get the idea. All acording to the freckle past a mole.

Count Down what is that grin.gif? Come to ND and SD year round fishing baby. Got to love it I have a trip on deck for Oahe here in a couple weeks.

the guys that can get out to south and north dakota are lucky, I just can't find the time to make it. I am really looking forward to the south shore in late april trolling for trout and salmon, otherwise just an occasional trip to pool 2 or 4. Either way I'm chompin at the bit to get at those Winnie walleyes. As for checking lines, jigs, rigs, rapalas and devoting entire paychecks to gander mountain I don't know what else a guy can do to pass the time. confused.gif

Hopefully gonna get to Waubay in a couple of weeks then the week after were gonna head to Chamberlin and fish the river. grin.gif Can't wait to get into the boat.