Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cRaPpiEMaN8265

Accessible North Metro Lakes

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if a guy could get out from the landings of the north metro lakes?? Lakes such as Turtle, Peltier, Centreville, Owasso.... I know the ice is fine in the middle but havent checked out the shorelines. Any help is great!

Ryan

After today....... i wouldnt consider going out a lot of wil melt today. Wait 2 weeks and get the boat out.

Hey there crappieman, was out yesterday at WBL and let me tell ya, the ice is soft. We headed out about 5pm and came in at 10:30. When we headed out we only had to wade out about 5ft, when we came in the ice was 20ft for shore. Good thing its shallow on that end of the lake or we would have been part of the polar bear club. So I think its about time to be thinking about soft water fishing, unless you plan on going way up north. Goog luck if you do go out.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will head over to turtle and see how it looks but if its more than about 5 feet out then forget it. By the way how did you do on White Bear...it should have been pretty good but im just wondering. Thanks again

Ryan

Yup i went to check out the turtle lake access and the water was flowing around the lake and the first ice(which looked very soft) was about 20 feet away. That marks the end for me! Now just have to wait for the open water!

Ryan

DOn't know about the north side, but in Eden Prairie, all of the lakes have ice at least 30 ft from shore with holes all over. I say bring a johnboat or canoe and bust throught the ice chunks.

We did alright. The gills were bitting on anthing you put down the hole. We got about a couple dozen crappies, but we only got 3 over 10inches. Lots between 6-8inches.

We were on the north end of Medicine lake Saturday afternoon. Needed waders to get on the good ice. Fished on about 15" of somewhat decent ice. Caught some bluegills and a couple of keeper sized perch. Actually did find a spot in some cattails where the sister-in-law walked off the ice onto dry land. Saw a total of three people on the lake. Us. wink.gif