Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Steckelberg

lake stay

5 posts in this topic

i'm just wondering if anybody fished this lake over the ice season and how did they do. i used to fish it about 8-9 years ago when i lived down there and used to have a blast with catching perch

i have been by MN lake had a few chances hard to get permmision for land

Are you talking about the Lake Stay by Arco?

yes lake stay by arco

I'm not sure if anyone fished it over the winter. I know from last summer that there are lots of carp in the lake. An area minnow trapper worked the lake pretty hard most of the summer. I noticed he wasn't real selective on what he threw in the truck, lots of little bluegill and perch. I don't think much is being caught out of the lake. The DNR info on the lake says that the northern are good sized as far as length but very skinny. Walleye have been stocked but I haven't heard of anyone catching any eyes out of there in years. I remember like you said several years ago the perch were pretty good but haven't seen any of those either. It was pretty green last summer. Looked like green paint floating on top. Sorry, it doesn't sound real encouraging.