• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Catch of a lifetime!

Must say my thanks goes out to ALL on the forum that I've gotten advice from this ice fishing season. We fished Zipple Bay Resort two times this year: last weekend & this past Wednesday. Both trips were great, great food & awesome fishing. The weekend trip the 3 of us (me & my hubby & our friend Mark) limited out on nice 14-17 walleyes, and just a couple sauger in the mix. So, decided to invite my MOM up with me for a girls day of fishing on the BIG POND! I ended up with the CATCH of a lifetime, I brought in a 29.5" walleye, weighing just over 8 lbs!! Mom caught a 26" walleye not 5 minutes later from the SAME hole, but of course we put that one back due to the slot limit. We had a great time, and limited on Walleyes, plus 4 sauger to the mix. Most fish we caught were in the slot limit, which REALLY surprised us! The bite was pretty steady, with 11:00am when we caught the biggest ones; then a night bite around 5:00pm or so...got off the lake before dark because of all the WATER, as it made the drive pretty scarey for us (belts on the Jeep rebelled, too)!! But all in all, was a wonderful day! Owe alot of it to you guys here on the forum, as listened to tips, jigs to use (we used gold jigs) and depths to fish (we were in 26 feet all day). Thanks again, and if someone knows how to add a link to this posting or a picture, I have a digital one of me, Mom and the fish...so give me instruction & I'll post. Otherwise, take my WORD for it, it's an awesome FISH!!

WomanAngler: Thanks for your report, and wow what a nice fish. We road out to the islands this last week with some guys from Cloquet. One was named John he owns a resturant in Cloquet and his brother Dave who is a police officer there. Dave got the 31" I mention in my Riverbend report. There dad was also along, he is in a wheel chair and I believe his name is Bernie Larson, perhaps you know them. They had some good fishing as well and great guys to jaw with on the 1 1/2 hr ride out there. AGain, congrats on your big fish. Bill