Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlassEyeangler

bay point, Red Wing

5 posts in this topic

I got my daughter out for a couple of hours on the boat today. The best part of the day is that my outboard started on the 4th pull...cool! We used a little bit of every plastic we had at various depths...and turned up nothing. We tipped the jigs with fathead minnows as well. Only had two hits at 25' fow, and whatever it was it hit hard. It was still a hoot though, hey - on the boat literally 8 days after drilling holes through the ice - not bad!

Here's to the start of outings on the boat, instead of siting on a bucket!

I was down there enjoying the weather too. I was definatly not enjoying the bite!

It has been a long time since I had that tough of a day. We tried everything from pitching jigs to vertical jigging and even tried handlining for a while. Only a few bites for our efforts.

mw

Yesterday was the first time I fished the river. I don't have anything to compare it to. I was reading through some of the other forums, and people are saying they think the fish have plenty of food to choose from. One guy noted all of the dead shad floating around, and he believes the fish are full. I did notice lots of dead fish floating around.

I'm gonna try and get out next weekend...maybe warmer temps will help.

There are lots of dead shad... but it is not unusual... The bite will pick up as the water temp. reaches that magical mid 40's temp... Good fishing ahead this week.

Sunday was none the better. Only one one 16" walleye C&R'd before storm chased us off. I'll be back though in anticipation of the real bite!