Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surface Tension

Signs of Spring

24 posts in this topic

This warm weather has me thinking of putting the ice gear away, thats one sign.

The male Red Wing Blackbirds arrived 3/23 to the shores of Long Lake in Twig. For me thats always a welcome sign that Spring is near.

Those darn Grackles arrived a day before the RWB birds. Won't be long till they find the bird feeder and take over.

Canada geese flying day and night around here making their way North..

The Robins should be here soon.

Whats Your Sign?

Our sump pump began kicking in. grin.gif

Quote:

Our sump pump began kicking in.
grin.gif

On that sour note grin.gif

All the stuff in the yard that didn't get put away last Fall is starting to show itself. Mostly kids toys, its like Christmas when the little ones see a toy emerging from the snows grip. They'll pick it up, play with it for a while and I'll be mowing around it all summer

Our kids are dogs. You know what that means is emerging right now. grin.gif

Sweeet.

Your supposed to make them go in the neighbors yard.shocked.gif

Quote:

All the stuff in the yard that didn't get put away last Fall is starting to show itself. Mostly kids toys, its like Christmas when the little ones see a toy emerging from the snows grip.

Frank thats so true. I've got the same thing going on in my yard with kids toys. Now if I could convince them to leave them outside grin.gif

I seen a robin at the shop on Wed. Lots of ducks and geese flying around the harbor.

At first I heard & then finally saw a couple of Robins in the yard last night, first of the year for me. Last week my wife and I both saw the chipmunk in the pole barn.

I heard Northlander talk about washing his boat. grin.gif

Quote:

At first I heard & then finally saw a couple of Robins in the yard last night, first of the year for me. Last week my wife and I both saw the chipmunk in the pole barn.

Robins, and dog flushed a woodcock

Robins and Canada Geese this morning.

geese, robins, those feeder destroying black birds, morning doves, small hawk of some sort and my boat is getting washed this weekend. grin.gif Thats if I cant get on ice for pannies some place.

The gulls are flying around the Big Lake. The east wind is starting to roll into Duluth. I started to polish up the ProV getting it ready to sell..........and, I'm going to buy the replacement this week. Dropped off a prop at the repair shop.

Down deep e-mail me the info on your pro-v. I just happen to know someone looking for a boat like that. Tiller or wheel?

Signs of Spring! Old towels at the back door to wipe paws off. Mud ruts in the alley, Squirrels attacking the bird feeders with birds in it. The lovely smell of mud! running water and deck furniture making it way out of storage..Must mean rain tomorrow..

Saw alot of motorcycles out and about today. Also, the neighbors had laundry outside on the clothesline. Lots of people at the garbage dump!

Justin

my yard turned into a mud pit again, spring is here grin.gif

Spring yes. Sitting out on the deck reading the paper swatting a few BUGS and watching the grill. Oh add a morgan. Now this is spring.

Quote:

Our kids are dogs. You know what that means is emerging right now.

I just raked up a 5 gal pail of that stuff from around the back porch. I am hoping that after todays rain it smells a little better back there blush.gif

Thunder storms!!!!!!!!!! cool.gifcool.gif

Oh and the land mines the dog has left. frown.giffrown.gif

Jar Jar

Gotta love those land mines! I think for me it is watching everyone wait in line at the expensive car wash place on London Road only to drive through 3 in. puddles all the way home! grin.gif That and getting the flyrods out and ready for the Brule

Heavy moist air, ground fog and the smell of skunk!

I seen a lot of threads go haywire, but none ever went to the dogs like this one has. LOL

Today I sat on my deck and watched as more then 200 bald eagles migrated north soaring in the air currents ,,,there wasnt a time that I couldnt look up and see less then 3 in view ,,,I have heard that eagles will follow open water soooo it wont be long now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randoid

Dad sent me this one. Don't know who it is but it's funny.

Spring Break in Minnesota

SBMN.jpg