• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Does anyone know if there are any baitshops in the area with crawlers? Looking to go up to Rainy Mon. Checked a couple local shops with no luck.

Plastics man! You won't need crawlers on Rainy! We've always done well on plastics alone, and if they fish get finicky at all, we've moved to rainbows before. Doesn't happen often if the water isn't stained...

If crawlers are a must, Wal-Mart sometimes carries them. If Bluewater or Taber's doesn't have any, you could check there...

Good luck!

unless you are planning on going after sturgeon, you wont need crawlers. Tabers normally gets some around this time for the sturgeon fisherman. Otherwise just get a suckers and cut strips off of it like you are filleting it, the sturgeon love that also. but your best bet for 'eyes would be either rainbows or shiners.

We plan on doing half walleye and half day of sturgeon. I got all I need for walleye. Maybe we'll try the suckers if we cant find any crawlers.

Im not using plastics for sturgeon! You can though.

I would think Tabers has some, I haven't checked yet this year. Go in there and find out, Ron will let you know! Otherwise, use suckers like some previous poster stated.

Tabers is getting the mon or tues, I might have to check up by the river

are you planning on bringing your boat? I have heard that it is still iced over.

Wow, my mind is so clustered with thoughts of Rainy opening that I didn't even put 2 and 2 together! When you said Rainy my mind said 'eyes, period...

Cutbait should work like the boys said. Don't overlook plastics LocalGuide, I caught a 58" on a white grub two years ago, and we also hit quite a few others on plastics alone. You just have to hope they're sucking the bottom while you're jigs laying on it... smirk.gif

Jarnotski, good luck to you!